Design thinking is a systematic approach which focuses on the solution to solve any problem. This involves reframing the problem brain-storming, adopting a strategy, testing the prototype and so on.
Design thinking involves the following steps:-
- Empathise:-This step requires understanding the problem from the core. This might also involve external consultation from experts.
- Define (the Problem):- In this stage all the data is compiled. The resources necessary and the resources available are analysed.
- Ideate:- This is the most crucial step in the process of design thinking. This involves brainstorming and thinking outside the box. Lateral thinking is encouraged.
- Prototype:- An inexpensive scaled down version of the actual product is prepared. This is a trial phase where the input from the previous three phases is used and a solution to the problem is displayed.
- Test:- The solution is rigorously tested and feedback is taken. If necessary, the previous steps are repeated.